Yearly in the US, around 2.3 million implant-supported dental crowns are made, which means there are many patients seeing dentists to guard their smiles. While crowns are protecting teeth, who is shielding the crowns? You have to take responsibility in caring not only for your smile but the things that help protect them. Consider this list of tips we’ve collected to help you maintain your oral crowns for a long time:
– If you feel a lot of sensitivity in reaction to hot or cold foods more than ten days after your dental crown is installed, contact our office immediately.
– Try not to eat tough or hard foods such as ice since they can rupture or chip your dental crowns.
– Closely observe your crown if they are wobbly or rancid, which could be a signal of the crown’s cement being washed away.
– If your crown falls out of place, bring it to us; do not try and reinstall it on your own! Attempting to reinstall your dental crown could damage your tooth even further, and the crown could fall out again and choke you.
– If you are experiencing any discomfort when biting down, come in, and we will decide if the crown needs to be adjusted.
– Even with dental crowns, you’ll still need to floss and brush your smile! This will help prevent plaque buildup.
Our dental team and Dr. Brendan Loehr are sure to tightly seal all dental crowns in your smile. That said, it’s better to be safe than sorry, so take these tips into consideration. If you would like to schedule a checkup or your next exam and cleaning with Britex Dental in Austin, Texas, give us a call at (512) 362-7130 today to get your best smile yet!